Sunday, February 1, 2009

Post Numero Uno

So I have decided to join the digital age and have a blog.  Now that we have picked up and moved to NYC for a year, I figured this would be a good way to keep in touch without keeping in touch.  So, we've moved to NYC from Austin, TX because Kathy has a one year Nurse Practitioner Fellowship with Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.  We miss Austin but NYC has been a wonderful experience so far.  

We have given up our cars and are now considered "straphangers" which, as far as we can figure out means that we are subway riders.  We either walk or take public transportation and have not really missed our cars yet.  I teach a class at Hunter College two days a week and Emma is getting used to attending the nearby public school.  Murphy the dog doesn't appear to like the cold weather.

I'm quite sure that I'll be posting frequently, as there are all sorts of things I think I have tell other people, whether it's important to other people or only important in my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment